Diaspora

One Nepali killed in Iran-backed attack in UAE

ABU DHABI:- The UAE’s Ministry of Defense has released details of the Iranian attack that began on February 28. According to the ministry, the UAE Air Force and air defense systems have so far encountered 165 ballistic missiles, two cruise missiles and 541 Iranian drones in this attack. Three people have been killed in these incidents, where one Nepali was also killed, Gulf News wrote.

It is also mentioned that 58 people from various nationalities have been slightly injured. However, the identity of the deceased Nepali has not been disclosed.

The UAE’s Ministry of Defense said the other two dead were Pakistani and Bangladeshi nationals. The report also said that the UAE faced 165 ballistic missiles and 541 Iranian drones in the attack, which began on February 28.

The attack left 58 people with minor injuries, including Emirati, Egyptian, Ethiopian, Filipino, Pakistani, Iranian, Indian, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan, Azerbaijani, Yemeni, Ugandan, Eritrean, Lebanese and Afghan nationals.

According to the UAE Ministry of Defense, of the 165 ballistic missiles launched from Iran since the start of the attack, 152 were destroyed and 13 fell into the sea.

Similarly, the news reports mention that two cruise missiles were also detected and destroyed.

About the author
himalayanvoice

himalayanvoice

Himalayanvoice.com, an online news service under the Community News Network LLC, is a dedicated online news agency that fearlessly performs a balanced, truthful, and factual role in accordance with the values and norms of journalism, reporting national and world news in English and Nepali languages, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

Himalayan Voice Newsletter

News delivered directly to your inbox

Subscribe for important headlines, community updates, and selected stories.

Leave a Comment