Immigration Update

Border Patrol arrests 81 people during Operation Charlotte

NORTH CAROLINA:- U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents arrested 81 people on the first day of an immigration enforcement operation in Charlotte.

The operation, also known as “Charlotte’s Web,” began Saturday morning.

Commander Gregory K. Bovino said those arrested had “significant criminal and immigration histories.”

“Eighty-one people, many of whom had significant criminal and immigration histories, are off the streets,” Bovino said.

Charlotte is the first city where CBP has said it will lead immigration enforcement in the same location, without coordinating with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Although ICE has previously made arrests in Charlotte, the agency did not coordinate with the Border Patrol during Saturday’s operation.

The agency has not released details about the duration of the operation in Charlotte.

About the author
himalayanvoice

himalayanvoice

Himalayanvoice.com, an online news service under the Community News Network LLC, is a dedicated online news agency that fearlessly performs a balanced, truthful, and factual role in accordance with the values and norms of journalism, reporting national and world news in English and Nepali languages, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

Himalayan Voice Newsletter

News delivered directly to your inbox

Subscribe for important headlines, community updates, and selected stories.

Leave a Comment